SKY ITALIA HEADQUARTERS – BUILDINGS 1+2+LINK
Corporate buildings designed and built to allow a flexible use of the installations, typical of multi-tenant buildings.
Building 1 hosts:
- 8 recording studios with supporting control and transmission rooms
- SKY Data Center
- production rooms
Building 2 + Link host:
- offices, canteen and kitchen, meeting rooms, multifunctional rooms, etc.
- Total cooling power: 10,4 MW
- Total electric power (MV+LV): 18,2 MW from the net
- Emergency electric power: 10,0 MW from GE
- Electric power (continuous): 6,9 MW from UPS
Detailed design and Site Supervision
Byron Harford & Associates (Sydney)
Studio Franzosi+Matricardi (Milan) – Architect Andrea Matricardi
MSC Associati Srl (Milan)
2005 – 2006
2006 – 2008
The system construction foresees Medium Voltage emergency generators and a cross-switching system, allowing failures to happen at different levels without compromising the functioning of the equipment and following a scheme that is similar to the one of High Voltage distribution systems.
In the Low Voltage system double-radial “A” and “B” modular configurations are foreseen.
The cooling of the Data Center, as in the technological rooms and the Studios, is provided by a cooling station (about 10 MW) with 8 high efficiency cooling units. Circular distribution system with variable water load (for maximum reliability and easy maintenance) .