PARALLELO Business building
INPARTNER (Milan) – GALOTTI Spa (Bologna-Milan)
Innovative and high-architectural-impact office building, conceived as a great glazed volume suspended at 13 meters above ground, leaning on multi-shaped supports. Among the very first buildings in Milan to be realized in energy performance Class A, in accordance with the latest standards of Regione Lombardia and national laws and regulations.
- Foreseen electric power (MV+LV): 2 MW
- Photovoltaic Array Peak Power: 310 kWp – Photovoltaic Array Energy: 304.000 kWh/year
- Cooling power: 1,4 MW; Thermal power: 1 MW
Commissioned by: STARCHING Srl (Milan)
Services provided by ARIATTA: Design and Site Supervision
Design Architect: MCA – Mario Cucinella Architects (Bologna)
Executive Architect: STARCHING Srl (Milan)
Structural Engineering: CPEngineering (Milan)
Project Management: STARCHING Srl (Milan)
Building area: around 12.000 sqm
Project start/Project finish: 2008-2009
Work start/Work completion: 2010 – in progress
The difficulty encountered in the project was the combination of a very transparent architectural design with “Energy Saving”.
The fixed sun panels on the main SW façade have been studied to maximize the solar radiation intake for free heating in winter and minimize it in summer.
Groundwater is extensively used.
• Heat recovery from extracted air to pre-heat or cool the external air through the use of the latest generation high efficiency heat recuperators (>70%)
• Low power loss electrical machines (transformers)
• Photovoltaic Array, with a peak power of 310kWp, for a total area of over 2.200 sqm, able to provide sustainable energy, reducing carbon dioxide emissions of about 175 t/year.
The Photovoltaic Array, in conjunction with the absence of gas-fired boilers and the use of heat pumps working on groundwater, allows to achieve ZERO EMISSIONS on site as far as carbon dioxide is concerned, considerably reducing also carbon dioxide emissions at source (Thermoelectric Power Station of the supplying company).