PORTA NUOVA VARESINE – LOT 1 – Buildings 1-2-3
Office buildings which can be used on a multi-tenant basis. Every half floor can be made independent.
A heat pump system, using groundwater as exchange fluid, provides both cold and hot water.
- Total cooling power: 6 MW
- Total thermal power:7 MW
- Total electric power: (MV+LV): 6 MW
The project is one of the very first in Italy to be awarded LEED Precertified (Gold).
Commissioned by: HINES ITALIA (Milan)
Services provided by ARIATTA: Review and coordination of detailed design already issued for tender, technical support to the MEP Site Supervision
Design Architect: KPF – KOHN PEDERSEN FOX Architects
Executive Architect: STARCHING Srl (Milan), which reviews the detailed design previously developed by Jacobs Italy
Structural Engineering: ARUP Italia
Project Management: J&A Ltd (Cost Control) + STARCHING (Milan), which resume the coordination activities previously developed by Jacobs Italy
Building Area: Building 1: 12.000 mq – Building 2: 12.000 mq – Building 3: 32.000 mq
Project start/Project finish: 2010 – 2011 (NB: tender design was developed since 2007)
Work start/Work finish: 2010 – in progress
ARIATTA, already present as designer in the adjacent Hines site Porta Nuova Garibaldi, is charged in the 2010 with the final design revision already issued for tender.
The design review has focused on:
- Interdisciplinary coordination of mechanical and electrical plans with structures and civil works
- Operation, management criteria for plant and MEP power plant.
- Modularity, flexibility criteria and plants reconfigurability
- Indoor air quality distribution and generated noise by plants